A musical celebration for any day of the year! Amazing repertoire, and unique instruments, this lively, interactive show invites audience members of all ages to sing along, dance along, and play along on Sandy's unique percussion instruments. Solo, or with her band, this is a musical extravaganza! Contact her right away to ask for more details and to arrange a booking.
Are you looking for something that one of these programs doesn't cover? Or maybe you'd like to custom tailor something here? Contact Sandy today and tell her what you need. She'll be happy to create a program especially for you or your group as long as you book it early enough.
"Sing Me a Story, Read Me a Song"™ Programs
Combing her talents as both an educator and a musician, Sandy Lucas has created a variety of programs designed for promoting literacy through the arts by finding musical moments in children's story and poetry books.
- Celebrate Earth Day
- This unique show includes stories, songs and poems about spring, the environment, and Earth Day. Joined with her band, you will enjoy a homemade wash tub bass, as well as homemade percussion instruments from reusable items, such as water jugs, buckets, washboards, and shakers. Audience members will play on some of these recycled treasures, and some can even make a recycled instrument to take home!
- My Kind of Town... Chicago
- Written for the Chicago Public Library Summer Reading Program, this program explores the sights, sounds, and tastes, of Chicago through interactive songs and literature.
- Singin' And Splashin' In The Sun
- Written for the Chicago Public Library Summer Reading Program, this show explores summer, beaches, and ocean life through interactive songs and literature.
- Mardi Gras Musical Merriment
- Celebrate New Orleans Mardi Gras through zydeco/New Orleans style songs and instruments, from wash boards to acccordian, and great children's literature. You'll be singing along, jamming along, and dancing in the aisles!
- Week of the Young Child
- This musical extravaganzaa is a joyous celebartion of CHILDREN! designed to bring out the kid in all of us. Make this party an annual tradition.
Songs of the SeasonThese programs use a repertoire of songs, poetry, and literature to reflect the beauty of Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer. Unique instruments and props enhance the show with visuals and interactive activities, such as garden bean bags, rainsticks, or gourd shakers.
- This special show allows a costumed audience to enjoy a safe and enjoyable Halloween with stories, songs, and props that focus on fun!
- Holiday Show
- Suited to your particular audience, this show can offer songs specifically for Christmas, or can include a variety of songs to touch upon winter, the solstice, Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
- Celebrate this non-religious holiday by learning about the symbols, seven principles, and traditions of this family festival.