Sandy Lucas is a skilled presenter and keynote speaker for educational conferences and professional development sessions. She has a Masters Degree in Elementary Education, and her achievements in the classroom were recognized by fellow educators, administrators, past and present students, parents, and the general public with the Golden Apple Award for Excellence In Teaching in 2006. Contact her today to arrange a booking for your next educational conference, in-service, or teachers event.
- Everyday Music For the Classroom
A high energy, interactive keynote session presented by Sandy and her all star band, or a solo presentation for a featured speaker session.
This lively session is geared to the non-musician. Teachers will learn simple ways to use music to enhance their everyday curriculum, bringing it to life through an arts integrated approach.
- Build a repertoire of songs for the classroom.
- Use music to build self-esteem and a sense of classroom/school community.
- Learn to compile a set of classroom instruments.
- Learn to manage use of classroom instruments.
- Use instruments to enhance curriculum.
- Instant Guitar for Teachers
- Learn guitar basics, and simple chords to be playing for your students the very next day. This crash course will get you started, and give you the tools to continue to play and improve.
- Sing Me A Story, Read Me A Song™
- An Arts Integration Program teachers will learn to identify musical moments in their favorite literature that will enrich and expand the text through the arts. PreK - 6th